Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
In just the last few days Austin has been up to a few exciting and funny things.
- I found him standing in his crib the other morning (this is a reenactment for your viewing pleasure) when I heard him crying. He has been pulling himself up from sitting, but this is the first time he has figured it out from lying down.
- He's been scratching the top of his head when he gets tired
- He is signing the sign for "nurse" when he is eating. I think he means "more" so we are working on that.
- He does patty cake when he hears me start to sing it
- The other day i was feeding him bites of "real" food and I thought he was doing so well eating a bunch of it until he started coughing and semi-choking and I realized he had been storing it all in his cheeks and not swallowing it (and we all know that there is a LOT of room in those cheeks!)
Saturday, April 25, 2009
On Friday I got the day off last minute and we decided to make the most of the 80 degree April sunny day and go biking. This was Austin's first adventure in his Burley. He did OK... he slept, cried, played...a little of everything. We rode about 21 miles so that was probably a little much for his first trip.
All ready to go.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Austin turned 8 months last week so I thought I would highlight some things he's been up to
- Got his first cold and fever- requiring a trip to the doctor, but it just needed to run it course.
- Weighed in at 21 lb. 14oz.
- Rolling all over the room
- Scooching on his belly a few scooches at a time to get things
- Up on all fours, but not going anywhere
- Moved out of his infant car seat to his "big boy" car seat
- Exploring lots of new food- cheese, chicken, bread. still loves yogurt and his purees
- Pulling himself and up at standing for moments at a time, esp at his music station
- Taking 2 naps usually and sometimes a third 6pm nap if he cant make it to bedtime
- Bed time around 7.30p. Usually nursing around 5-6am and then back to sleep until 8ish.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
We are still waiting to hear if Austin made it to the top 20 of the Cutest Baby Contest. Round 2 voting starts tomorrow, so hopefully they will make an announcement today. Also, if you are in the Macomb Daily area, look in Sundays paper- the top 20 pictures will be in there!