Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
This is how I left his last update post....
"I guess that sums Austin up for now, we'll see if I can remember an update before he turns 3!"
I think it's safe to say I didn't do that. Actually, its almost a year to the day since I typed
I think the biggest achievement since I last typed is that Austin is potty trained. We rented
called "Potty Power." That was all it took and he was on board. Of course this was right after McKenna was
from the library, that he picked out
born so it was a little tricky for me to manage the "always peeing toddler" and the
"always nursing infant"
but he picked it up like a champ!
Austin is still into cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters....anything with an engine.
He loves to "pick out"
a truck or two to take with him anywhere, including bed time. He also loves anything
Toy Story and
Cars and has replaced Elmo with "monkey george" Aka Curious George as his new top favorite.
Austin continues to be a good sleeper and still takes about a 2-3 hour nap. He goes to be around 9
and is usually up around 7.00am ready for the day.
He continues to be a big guy and is still in the 95th percentile for both height and weight.
A few times a week we go to some sort of bible study/church/moms group meeting which all get
referred to as "kids church" in his mind. He loves all the different kids and is going a pretty good
job sharing and playing with others. Wednesday nights are his favorite because my friend
daughter, Hannah, who is almost 7 is there. Austin is just smitten over her, they are the cutest.
Austin started preschool in the fall, Tuesday mornings for two hours.
He goes to Cross of Christ in town.
It is amazing
how much he has picked up in the short time he's been at school.
He can count to about 12 and then 13-20 are a little jumbled.
He is big into asking what everything starts with and recognizes some of his letters.
He knows all his shapes and colors
and is VERY curious about EVERYTHING!
His latest thing is to call us by our first name if he doesnt get the attention he would like
by using Mama
Its hilarious to hear him say "Jennifer Lynn, or Andrew Michael"
and the best is to hear him yell "JOann!"
Although feisty as any 3 year old can be, Austin is awesome and brings joy and
life to our family every day!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
It's been forever since I did an update on our sweet McKenna... At almost 10 months she's up to (in no particular order)....
- Cruising around everything and letting go briefly to get to another object
- Stood independently on Sunday (9.5 months)
- Started crawling at 6 months
- Eating everything in sight and hasn't turned anything down yet.
- Nursing about 5 times a day and gulping down bottles when dad is around
- Still not much into her sippy cup
- Taking 2 naps a day
- NOT a great sleeper at all, usually waking 1-2 times a night
- Finally stopped swaddling around 8 months and sleeps in a sack now
- Adores Austin and he can crack her up like no one else
- Seems really outgoing and loves going to her playgroups at Coffee Break, church, bible study...
- Nicknamed "Smiley" by Great Gram Elsie
- Got her two bottom teeth at 6 months
- Has all 4 top teeth poking out (some farther than others)
- Uses cloth diapers and has quite the little "ba donk a donk"
- Loves to be in the water
- Doesn't seem to be very picky (yet), she is happy playing and eating whatever
- Still hovering around 20 lbs and in her infant seat (so much easier for winter)
- Puts everything imaginable in her mouth and has a clench technique so it is very difficult to fish out
- Just starting to get an attitude when you (Austin) takes things from her
- Although she doesnt sleep all night, she is a champ about going right to sleep when you lay her down
- Sucks her left thumb only when you lay her in her crib
Just a few things to look back on someday!