Sunday, April 6, 2008

oh no!

last night i was staying the night at my parents and drew was at work. I went to bed and was awoken my a phone call at 12:48am, but just rolled over after seeing it was Drew. I thought "doesn't he know his pregnant wife goes to bed well before midnight?" Then the phone rang again at 1:11am so I thought i better see what was going on. He loves to play little tricks on me so the whole time he is telling me the following i am thinking "ok, any minute now you can tell me you are just joking." So here is the story of a brave little (or not so little) deer...

A brave deer decided to go for a frolic at 12.30am on Sunday, April 6th. This deer was so brave in fact that it darted right out into Main St. in front of Kroger in Milan right into a new car that was just bought in October :( He thought it would be extra fun since the car was going about 45 mph and BANG! right into the driver side doors!

I didn't get the details on the fate of the deer, but i have a feeling the ending wasn't so good for brave Mr. Bambi. The fate of the car was even worse. I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told you cant open either door on the driver side, so it looks like Mr. Honda Fit needs some TLC.

I am dreading going home to see the damage...

PS. Drew is fine, so thats the best news of this minor little mess!

2 comments:

Shelley Christensen said...

Wow! That's always scary. Glad to hear that drew is okay. Sounds like mom and baby are doing well. I can't wait to see all 3 of you at the reunion!

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,
My name is Teri. I have known your husband for years (from CTK) and found your blog after seeing your myspace through Andrea Brani's. (We know them too!!)
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you congratulations on the new life growing in you! That is SO exciting!
I am sorry to hear about your car, that totally stinks, but am glad Drew is fine!
Anyway, I am a blogger too! Feel free to stop by any time! (wrshpthekng.blogspot.com) Tell Drew that the Butcher family said hello!
God's blessings on you as you continue your path to motherhood!
Teri