Sunday, January 13, 2008

eat, pray, love

moved on to a new book, Eat, Pray, Love...a bit more serious than the last, but so far it is very inspiring. I saw the author on Oprah one day and she had inspired so many women. I decided it was the perfect gift to give to my aunt for Christmas.... Awfully risking considering i hadn't read it yet, but it seemed safe. Well, last week i was feeling guilty and thought i should give it a shot, so i hustled down to the Milan Public Library (i am a big supporter of the library) and put myself on the wait list for it. I figured that was a good sign if people were actually waiting to read it...So far so good. The author basically took a "year off" and traveled to 3 countries in search of "herself" after a terrible divorce, romance and battle with depression. She is currently in Italy (in the book, of course) and has decided to learn Italian because she feels it is the most perfect language and the answer to her loneliness...I'll keep you posted as to where she goes next.

1 comment:

amy said...

i finished the book in like 1.5 hours yesterday! i will get it back to you on wednesday if that is soon enough (: my friend has eat, pray, love so if you like it maybe i will give it a shot (: