Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I have just found an amazing product! Ok, maybe this is old news, but its new to me.
We HATE our duvet/down system we have now because the down comforter gets all bunched up and is a PAIN in the behind.
But just wait....look at this product, now i have no clue if it works, but it just might be the solution to our problem!
Is there such a thing as post-pregnancy nesting?
if so, i have it...
I just cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and pantry for some reason. The little guy is sleeping and that is what i decide to do with my time? Is something wrong with me?
Haha...well anyway, i feel great and organized, ok, yes i admit i am lame.
Friday, November 21, 2008
I dont think i have really talked about this yet, but I am officially off full time mommy duty and back to work part time. I am working two ten hour shifts at St. Joe's and Drew is staying with Austin on those days. So far things are going great. I love being home so much and am really enjoying my "adult time" and i even get payed for it. Not bad huh?
Drew and Austin have a blast all day and I couldnt imagine a better situation for us right now. It is so nice knowing that Austin is always with someone who loves him so much!
On that note...I have worked all day and need some rest,
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tuesday Thanks- Addition 1
1. I am SO thankful to God for blessing me with a son who sleeps. Here it is 8.15am on Monday (ok, i am starting to write this a day early, gotta do it when you have time when you have a 3 month old.), and he is still sleeping! I always jump the gun and get up too early when i start to hear him and he tricks me. Thank you Lord for sleep.
2. Thank you Lord for two wonderful, stable (if that is such a thing right now) jobs. Drew and I are blessed to both be in fields that are needed and can't just be dropped (although they can be cut). The medical and public safety fields are a must.
3. Family... man we are so blessed to be loved by an incredible family. Austin has the best grandparents anyone could ask for and is so spoiled with love already. There isn't drama, fighting or even weirdness... it is almost scary how normal they are.
At church yesterday we talked about the spiritual discipline of "Thanksgiving"
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, GIVE thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God is Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
These were a few practical actions to get the ball rolling for giving thanks...
1. Tip extra
2. Daily: "Lord, help me see the gift in everything"
3. Strategically replace grumbling with gratitude
4. Weekly: journal and/or directly, concretely express thanks to someone.
I think i am going to tackle the last 3, but really focus on blogging once a week about "concrete thanks" I'll call it Tuesday Thanks day...
PS. Credit to Jesse for the above material :)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Austin and I got to hang out with our friends Amy and Jack today. Here's how we spent some of our time.
THis is Jack's "smile big face"
And Austin's smile big face
Jack was holding Austin for this pose.
Another big smileBig guy ready to crawl (he just has to learn how to get his big belly off the ground!)