Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy 5 month!

Dear Austin,
One day I hope you'll look back and look at all of these blog entries and pictures and know how much your crazy mom loves you. Currently I have an obsession with you and usually think others will love to see how cute and adorable you are. I am sitting in your room with you as you try to stay asleep this morning. Every time I left you would start to wake up and then in turn wake Papa up, so I decided to sit in our rocker and type in here. You were 5 months old yesterday, such a big guy these days. I thought I would tell you about some of the things you are doing lately since you'll probably forget as you get older.

You have sitting up for longer and longer. You started really hunched over, like a gorilla, but more and more you are sitting taller. You run into trouble when you see something you would to have. First you eye it, I assume you are trying to figure out how you will get it, and then you make the lunge for it which usually ends up in topple. We have to work on those abs so you can stop yourself from falling. Next, after the topple, you are stuck. You so badly want to get back up, but just haven't figured out how to do that yet. We'll keep working on it.

We like to read together lately. You like it best when we sit in your room in the rocker and I can reach all the books. We just keep reading and you like to try to eat the books. Its really cute.

Bath time is more and more fun too. About 2 weeks ago, I sat you up in the baby tub without the sling and you loved it! You LOVE to kick at the water, just like your kick gym, and watch it splash all over. I had to pull you out the other day because you were turning blue you were so cold. I think you would have stayed in there all day if i let you.

The usual toys are still fun. You love your jumperoo and like to hang out in the exersaucer all over the house with us. You seem especially seem to like it in the kitchen when we hang out. I just have to be careful not to put you too close to the pots and pans, they are awfully noisy!

We've started to introduce some of your Christmas toys to you. You are starting to get interested, but we have a little ways to go with those. If I sit you in your bumbo you can play with your musical table without worrying about crashing, so you seem to like that.

We think you might be starting to teeth. You are very drooling (not a huge change!) but you have a little rash around your chin. Its hard to help you with that since it's so cold and you wont stop drooling. Yesterday was SO cold - it was -12 degrees out. If you were old enough to go to school you would have had a "cold" day.

You've been sleeping pretty well still, but you usually begin to wake up around 6ish but don't actually get up until closer to 8am. Bed time is still around 8pm. You have become a "white noise" sleeper so we have to keep your rain music on all night. It is amazing how you wake up the second it turns off. You are so smart.

Today we are going to set your high chair up and try out some "real food." I think you'll really like it. I gave you a bite of my yogurt the other day and you didnt make a weird face at all. You loved it and wanted more.

You have so much more growing to do and we are so excited to watch you learn and grow up.

I love you Austin. Happy 5 month birthday!
Love, Mama

No comments: