Wednesday, January 28, 2009

update

Austin is almost 5 1/2 months now and still changing everyday.  He has had a lot of fun getting into the whole eating thing and tries to take anything that I am eating out of my hands and into his mouth.  Yesterday he got the banana that I was eating and started gnawing at it...a whole banana!  so i broke a piece off (i know, choking hazard...just wait) and let him chew and suck at it.  I was holding it until it got small (and wet) enough to slip out of my fingers right into his cute little throat!  I was ready to give him the Heimlich but a quick finger sweep did the trick!  ok, lesson learned.

Austin has quite the vocabulary, he has always been really loud, as many of you know, but lately his talking is getting quite good.  He has learned how to move his mouth as if he is really saying words, its the cutest thing to watch.

He's been moving a lot more too.  He loves to roll from his back to his tummy now and its hard to keep him on his back, esp. for a diaper change.  His sitting up is getting really good also and he has finally learned how to get his arms unstuck when he topples over.  so proud of you little guy.

Next on the food agenda is avocado and then some prunes, i think.

I made some squash and broccoli, but we'll save that for when he's a little older.

No comments: