Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the baby

i haven't talked to much about the baby lately, so i thought i would share some recent changes.  First off, i think i have developed arthritis.  Every morning  I wake up with this weird pain and weakness only in my left hand.  I thought it was from wearing my wedding ring that seemed to cut off all circulation over the course of the night, but taking it off hasn't helped.  I've been told there is a name for this pregnancy induced medical condition, I am yet to find it.  Oh, i just looked, i think it might be carpel tunnel syndrome, hmm..i'll keep you posted.

All in all i have been feeling great, i go on with my day and often forget i am pregnant (until i try to fit through a space i used to or ram my belly into something because i forgot it is sticking out so far).  Sleeping has become a little more difficult but not to bad, just more energy to roll over!  I am still working full time and am planning to continue on until the baby comes.  After the baby, I think i am going back 3 days/week.  The best news is i only have one more night of call to take tomorrow!  I will be off call duty until i come back to work which will be about November, yeah!!!!

I have been having some back pain too, esp. at my SI joints and yesterday i would have bet you that my pelvis split in two, but i guess its all part of the game.  I have been going to a chiropractor and although it is relaxing and i really like my doctor, i am not sure it is helping at all with the pain.

As you can see with the photos my belly is growing and i catch people staring at it all the time.  I always wonder what they are thinking as they stare... maybe they think they might witness the baby just fall out!

I passed my glucose test (which i was so nervous about) "with flying colors" which means i dont have pregnancy induced diabetes.  so thats a great sign for me and the baby.  

Next up is a 30week ultrasound next week to check the placenta and make sure it has "moved up" and isnt covering any of the cervix (this can be dangerous and cause for pre term labor and c-section).
Hopefully i'll have some new baby pics next tuesday.

No comments: