Tuesday, May 20, 2008

can't sleep

Good morning...well, its 530am and i cant sleep.  maybe it was something to do with me going to bed at 8.50pm, but oh well.  so i thought i would update my blog, even though i dont think much has changed.

Last weekend my mom and dad along with my uncle D and cuz Sammy came over and helped with the house.  I felt like it was a mini-remodel project.  On Thursday my dad and Drew spent ALL day painting and did a great job.  They painted the downstairs a tan color with a really sweet orange accent wall.  They also painted the baby's room the same tan color.  On Friday Drew cleaned all the carpets and then saturday the real work began.  We really very blessed with lots of new furniture from my Grandpa's house and saturday was the day to do the swap.

First off, living room... We ditched our green couch we bought in a garage sale and replaced it with a really nice sofa bed and chair and ottoman set from Grandps.  Then my mother talked me into finally ditching our 1970 drapes that i just couldn't part with, haha...We put up some new blinds and really cute valances.  Somewhere in there, mom and Sammy helped me replant a lot of the house plants, which i feel so much better about.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Sammy is the best blind cleaner EVER!

Moving upstairs... First in our bedroom we ditched our old mattress and have the MOST comfortable bed!  It is like sleeping on clouds, but more supportive, i always think you would just fall through clouds.  We also were able to store my old bedroom set at my parents house (thanks mom and dad) and use my grandpa's "adult" set.  I even put a bed skirt on the bed and Drew's been making it everyday...we are so grown up.

My dad and uncle put the baby's crib together, so that is really exciting to have that and the dresser in the room (although that's all that's there for now).  I even took those 1970 drapes down too...such advances :)

I'll have to get some pictures up here, but for now, just enjoy your imagination.

1 comment:

amy said...

sounds like lots of fun! glad to hear a baby update too!!!