Tuesday, August 12, 2008

forever

i may be the first person to be pregnant forever.

i know this may sound dramatic, but it is the truth.  all these events keep coming and going and i am STILL pregnant.

Doc update:  Today we had a non stress test (where they basically listen to the heart rate and watch contractions and make sure the baby isn't under any distress).  Good news is that baby sounds as healthy as can be with a nice strong heart rate.  The fluid levels are slightly low, but look good.  I haven't changed at all and am still dilated to 1cm.  Doc stripped my membranes again and gave me prostagladin gel which is supposed to help the "ripening" process.  (am i a banana or what?)  So the plan is to go in for induction Monday if nothing happens in the mean time.  

I guess there is an end in sight, but i am really struggling... I don't want any more advice.  I know people mean well, but i really just want to be me.  Just go to work, come home, sleep and wait for Monday. 

Unless little munchkin wants to come before Monday, that's fine by me!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

So, you don't want me to tell you to have sex, take walks, eat spicy food, and jump on your left foot 7.5 times? I SO hear you on the advice giving.

You seriously crack me up. I hope you're not the first person to be pregnant forever...can you imagine going through life with that big old belly? All the time! No way!

Glad baby isn't under distress...Hang in there girlie!

And by the way, I can't believe you're still working! Your feet must ache at the end of the day!

Anonymous said...

No update since the 12th, so now I'm hoping that Baby Hold did come on his/her own??? Beth and I were speculating if you could have had the baby yet at what we THOUGHT was the alumni meet (but turns out it isn't until the 28th and Mark has it wrong on the website). We are both keeping you in our thoughts and hope everything is going well! Good luck :0)

You Cross Country Pal, nicole!

Anonymous said...

Typo up there... Obviously I meant Baby Holt :0)

Laura said...

Reading these reports in retrospect, all I can say now that you are on this side of pregnancy, is that I remember that feeling. My due date was April 30th and Maddy was born May 6th...every day felt like a month. It's so tough. Glad it's over for you!