Monday, November 19, 2007

getting back....

When i first starting swimming this is what i felt like...swim take away my floaties and i was a goner.  (It is funny how i find the need to find a photo that matches my story, but that seems to be half the fun on my new blogging habit.)  I started swimming last summer when i was hurt with a running injury and had to find a non weight bearing activity to stay in shape.  I was training for my first marathon so this was devastating to me at the time.  i had no clue what to do since even biking bothered my leg, so i thought i would learn how to swim (at age 24).  that was interesting, but with a little persistence anyone can learn anything (just about) so each day got a little easier and before i knew it i could swim a whole length without choking on water or something similar!  But in all seriousness i really did start to enjoy my new activity and haven't stopped much.  I did a couple of triathlons this summer but since have 1 taken a break and lost my focus lately without an event to train for.  So yesterday i decided it is time to get back on track.  so last night i biked and this morning a finally got a good swim in ( 1 mile).  I need an event to train for, which is very difficult here in Michigan , but i'll find something.  i might even make a game time decision to jump in the Detroit turkey trot, well see :)  i became such a good swimmer i will probably end up in Beijing next year (unless i turn down the Olympics, its a big decision) 

ok ok, i know it is bad to lie. sorry!

1 comment:

amy said...

i LOVE swimming - milan middle school has an open swim right in town - where do you swim??? when is the detroit turkey trot?