Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Can you say puree?

Haha, I am mainly choose this picture for Amy, who I know is the only one who knows about this blog thus far, but the above summarizes what I learned today (except picture green broccoli instead!) But in all seriousness today was a very different day for me. I unexpectedly received the day off at the last minute yesterday and without a car (a whole different subject i don't even want to go into) I was limited to the great city of Milan. So i thought i would head out by foot (and pedal) and see what goes on during the day. I started off my day at Mickey D's with a cup of coffee. Let's just say i quickly learned where the 75 and up crowd hangs out in the AM! After walking home, i did some stuff around the house (mainly organized some pictures on the computer and updated the frames around the house) i know it sounds dorky, but i felt very accomplished. I then was drawn into an old soap (embarrassing!) but pulled myself away to enjoy the sunshine and went for a run, raked leaves, met a new neighbor (one year too late) and biked to the library. After that I ran over to my friend Amy's house. I am proud to announce I am Amy's first post-pregnancy new friend. Random fact, but it is interesting to only know Amy the Mom and not know her before Jack. We had a great night. Amy's husband came home and we got to sneak out for a few and grab dinner and then back to hang out with Jack. Jack is so sweet, it makes really excited to have kids someday. He is always so happy. ok wait, i guess i can't say always. I learned tonight that Jack doesn't like blenders. So anyway, I learned how to make homemade baby food today. This included blending the broccoli in the bathroom because Jack wanted nothing to do with the blender in the kitchen. The best part is, I get to see Jack again tomorrow, not to mention Amy, sorry, i dont want her thinking I like jack better :)

2 comments:

amy said...

ha ha - you definitely did realize that jack did not like blenders! and i realized that stephanie lambers has also only known me as a mom so i have TWO new friends who only have known me as a mom - i don't know if there is any difference but it crosses my mind that there might be (: i had SO much fun hanging out with you and so did jack!!! (:

Phil Lozen said...

Hey, you have at least two readers.