Tuesday, November 20, 2007

history

i must be honest, i really struggle with Bible history. that is why i like going to church so much (one reason).  someone who is much smarter than I and has already done all the research explains to me the whys, how's and where's of so many many years ago (selfish, i know).  anyway so the past two days of Solo have been in Leviticus

Day 8 and 9: Letting go of Sin

I've been reading about offerings (absolution-offerings, whole-burnt-offering an so on.)  it is a bit over my head.  but i do get the letting go of sin, of sending of the animal with our sins, our iniquities.  God says He didn't give animals the capacity to take on hurt or guilt, so we shouldn't feel guilty "giving" our sins to the animals/sacrifices.  I am still working on this whole thought.  But i see where they are coming for.  it makes it seem so easy.

Give sin to animal, send animal away, sin forgiven.  i dont mean to make light of it, i know there is much more to it, but like i said, i'm getting there.

ok, time for a run with my girls...Rain, Rain, go away!

No comments: