Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hoard-er

Day 5- The bread God has given

Let us delight in "enoughness"

In Exodus 16 God instructs Moses to go out and collect enough manna for each day (a certain amount was alloted) and not to hoard any more because there would be enough (provided by God) for each day. But of course, everyone didnt listen, but those that attempted to hoard too much woke up in the morning with spoiled bread filled with maggots and an awful stench. It is just like today, we are given 'enough' to live and we should share excess with others, just as others would share with us if we needed, but that is not what people do. myself included. we are hoarders. who taught us that? how did we learn to hoard? hoard is a funny word, isnt it? I can honestly say i am filled with enoughness at this time.

alight, enough of that... what is really on my mind is my unsettled spirit. maybe that sounds a little cliche, but i just dont get what is going on right now. i am so up and down, one minute so excited, the next not so much. i am quick to anger lately also, and unfortunetly it is directed as those i love most. why do we do this? where are my patience? i see how i hurt those i love and instantly remorse for what i have done, more so internally because it is often my hurtful thoughts then my actual actions. but the sad thing is, i do it again. and again. as if i dont have control. but i do. i should. I just started reading "A love worth giving" by Max Lucado. i am going to figure this thing out. i want to share my love.

No comments: