Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pay Attention

Day 4: Learning to Pay Attention
Well first off, nothing to do with what i just read, but i am plain old fire up after small group tonight. i am excited to serve, share, and hopefully spoil as many of God's people as I can. No strings attached. My prayer is for boldness, like i said tonight, my intentions are incredible, too bad intentions don't get the job done. Like today for example, i had this urge to pay for the mans coffee in front of me in line, but i chickened out, i was afraid what he might think of me, or that he would be offended, like i thought he looked poor or something. What i really need to do is just give it to God and let Him take control of the petty stuff. I am excited about what our small group is up to for this holiday season.. Yea!

OK onto the reading. Today was Moses and the burning bush. I wonder, did Moses think "maybe i should put out this fire" because to be honest if i saw a bush on fire, i wouldn't think "maybe it is God" I would think, oh shoot, where is the water, i should call 911 or maybe even just leave. Well good think Moses just had faith i suppose, he knew it was God and stayed, took off his sandals but then he hid and was afraid.
Why was he afraid?
Afraid to see his glory?Why did he want to hide?
was he ashamed?

it is just like Adam hiding in the garden when he realized he was naked... I am not sure i have experienced God quite like that...I'll have to think about that one.

But nonetheless, i do think God is stirring right now, and i am just going to "pay attention" and respond. I am willing, willing to respond. Good Night Friends.

1 comment:

amy said...

i hope your enthusiasm is contagious! it does seem like god is up to some cool stuff with a bunch of people lately - thanks for sharing your thoughts!